Severe acne, while not a fatal condition, can sometimes result in permanent or serious scarring. It is difficult to treat acne quickly, and this disfiguring condition can take months if not years to resolve. The following are certain zit remedies which are easy to find and can be made at home instead of going through a commercial product treatment. These treatments are however necessary if the acne problems are severe, but they should be practiced only through a doctors prescription.
1. Cut up a cucumber, paste it and mix it with tea tree oil and then apply it over the zit for two days daily twice. This will not only remove the zit with the scar but also give you healthier and clearer skin tone.
2. Avoid touching your face or any acne-prone part of your body. Your hands are the biggest culprits when it comes to spreading viruses and bacteria from frequently touched surfaces such as door knobs and store counters to your face.
3. Drinking plenty of water is good for the skin by not letting it dry out. Drinking water helps the body system to flush out and get rid of waste. Your face will produce oil if skin gets dry. If the oil is produced in excessive amounts this will lead to clogged pores.
4. Tea tree oil has been seen in studies to be just as effective as benzoyl peroxide cream in treating acne blemishes but without the aggravating side effects, like peeling or burning. To use tea tree oil, it must be diluted in water. Soak a cotton swab in tea tree oil, and then dip the cotton swab quickly into water. Apply the diluted tea tree oil to the areas that contain the acne breakouts. Reapply the oil up to three times per day to treat acne pustules, papules, cysts, and nodules.
5. Another one of these useful zit remedies is take a teaspoon of coriander juice, mix it with a pinch of turmeric powder and then apply it to the affected areas. Let it stay for two hours and then wash off before going to sleep.
6. Wear loose clothing while exercising. This helps to prevent acne breakouts on your body by avoiding the heat, friction and constant pressure caused by restrictive headgear or other forms of athletic gear. Switch to cotton clothing instead of wearing synthetic jogging suits or yoga outfits.
7. Eat as many fruits and vegetables as you can, and very less oily fatty foods. They will increase the oxygen supply and purify your blood.
8. Shower after your exercise session to get the sweat and grime off as soon as possible. When you sweat after a vigorous exercise session, there is an accumulation of dead cells on the surface of your skin. It is essential to remove these immediately to avoid blockages which can then lead to acne breakouts. The best way to get rid of these blockages is to take a refreshing shower after your workout.
Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/acne-art...#ixzz1HnCkNh30
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution